• Go to http://whc.unesco.org
• Choose two World Heritage sites from Western regions and periods
we are studying: Mediterranean, Europe, America. Sites are arranged
by modern country names. Be sure to find some point of comparison
that you can talk about.
• Learn when and why the sites were designated by UNESCO. This
means studying the UNESCO website for details.
• Learn about the same or similar sites from our textbook. Again, be
sure there is a point of comparison.
• Additional on-line research is OK.
• Explain in 3-5 pages why your sites are important in the larger story of
Western art and architecture. Be sure compare to specific material in
the textbook. Be sure to show me that you can apply what we are
learning in class to what you find at the UNESCO sites.
• In an extra page, use photos from the website to explain.
typed and double-spaced, with standard margins, in Times New Roman font (12 point)