Respond to the following End of the Chapter questions from chapter 26 with complete ideas:
43, 50, 61, 66, and 74.
43) What is fundamental source of electromagnetic radiation?
The fundamental source of electromagnetic radiation is the oscillation of electric charges, which emit the oscillating magnetic and electric field.
50) Which travels faster through a vacuum, infrared or gamma ray?
They travel in the same speed of light.
61) Is glass transparent or opaque to light frequencies of light that match its own natural frequencies?
No glass material is opaque to frequencies of light that are similar to its own natural frequencies. This is because the charges in the absorbing medium are transferred to oscillations of higher amplitude.
66) Why does a high flying airplane cast a little of no shadow on the ground below while a low-lying airplane casts a sharp shadow?
This is because the intensity of light increases with increase in amplitude; therefore, the high-flying airplane is subjected to high sunlight compared to low flying airplane; hence affecting the size and sharpness of the image (McDonald & Henry, 2014). The higher the amount of sunlight the smaller the shadow, and vice versa.
74) When you look at the night sky, some stars are brighter than others. Can you say that the brightness of the stars emit more light? Defend your answer.
he brighter the star, the higher the radiation emitted. The brighter the star shines shows how it is larger and also close to another star. When stars are close to each other, they produce a lot of brightness compared to when they a far apart. When the brightness is higher a lot of energy is emitted when they reflect the light from a close star.