1. There are concerns that Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program results in
foreign workers taking jobs from Canadian residents. What would be the HR
implications if Canada eliminated the program?
2. Discuss three pros and three cons of having a more diverse workforce.
3. Read Case Study 1 at the end of Chapter 1 and answer the following questions:
a. What are the pros and cons of the merger?
b. What are the HR implications?
4. Approximately 62% of labour-force participants in Canada are women. As a
result, employers are focusing on creating a work culture that encourages women
to join and stay at an organization. Discuss HR policies and practices that
support that goal.
5. Explain the difference between federal and provincial Human Resources
6. An employee has asked his employer to not schedule him on Saturdays because
of his religious beliefs. The employer refuses despite the fact that there are many
employees who are willing to work on Saturdays. The employee brings an action
under the Ontario Human Rights Code. You are the judge in the case. Write out
your legal analysis and decision.
7. Read Case Study 1 at the end of Chapter 2 and answer the following questions:
a. What could the company do now to prevent this in the future?
b. If you were a manager, and an employee requested accommodation due
to a medical condition, what actions would you take?
8. You are a supervisor at a construction company. The company has purchased
new equipment that will be used by the employees you supervise. What actions
will you take to make sure you in compliance with health and safety legislation?
9. Watch this video. Summarize Bill 168 (now section 32) of the Ontario
Occupational Health & Safety Act and discuss whether Ontario is doing enough
to end workplace harassment and violence against hospital workers.
10. You are developing a training program for managers on ways to make the
workplace more psychologically safe for employees. What would you include in
the program and why?
Purchase answer to see full attachment