Step 1 Review the following presentation on Rhetoric
Step 2 Read the following essay
Read "The Purpose of Education" by Dr. Martin Luther King
Step 3 Post your main response
Write a two paragraph response (250-300 words) explaining the rhetoric used. Please use the PIE method reviewed in Week 1.
Address these questions in your response:
What can you say about the creditability of the author?
Who is the audience?
What historical context was it written in?
What is the purpose of the piece?
Was the author successful?
Why, and how?
Step 4 Read and respond to other students' posts.
Read other students' posts and respond to at least two of them. In addition to any other comments you may have, respond to the following:
- What struggles do you share with your classmate?
- Do you agree with a viewpoint? Why?
- Provide clarity on the reading for others if you can.
- Ask a question for your own clarity of the reading.
Use your personal experience, if it's relevant, to support or debate other students' posts. If differences of opinion occur, debate the issues professionally and provide examples to support opinions.
Please respond to at least two (2) classmates to meet the minimum requirement.
- Initial posts are due by WEDNESDAY at 11:59 PM Pacific Time
- Response postings should be completed no later than FRIDAY at 11:59 PM Pacific Time
- The key to a good discussion is interaction. Therefore, it is expected that you will log in and participate in the discussions on four (4) separate days per unit.
- Additional Prompts are due by SATURDAY at 11:59 PM Pacific Time
- Please note that posting all, or the majority, of your replies on the last day of the discussion after 6:00 pm will be considered for point deduction since this greatly decreases the interaction and impact of your posts.
- Interaction is the key to a productive and meaningful discussion between you, your peers, and your instructor, so your goal and approach should be meaningful interaction rather than meeting minimum point requirements.