Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
When drug use evolves into abuse and addiction, it can be hard to visualize a life that’s free of both drugs and pain.
Comprehensive rehab programs address not only your addiction, but also the causes and effects of your symptoms. Your treatment team should be cross-trained in addiction treatment and pain management, so they can offer sober yet effective solutions.
How is pain managed without opiates? This is a challenge for pain management experts who also specialize in addiction treatment. A rehab program that addresses both issues should provide a supportive, nonjudgmental environment that fosters recovery. Because every individual’s experience of pain is different, the treatment plan should be tailored to the patient’s specific needs. Co-existing mental disorders like depression or anxiety, which are common among people who live in chronic discomfort, must be addressed as well.
A rehab plan for pain management might draw from the following strategies:
- Non-narcotic medications that have a low abuse potential, such as Lyrica, Toradol or NSAIDs
- Holistic therapies for pain control, such as acupuncture, massage, biofeedback or hydrotherapy
- Physical therapy or chiropractic treatments to restore independence and maximize activity
- Alternative technologies like TENS or spinal cord stimulation that use electrodes to reduce painful sensations
- Self-comforting relaxation techniques like meditation, music therapy or art therapy
- Individual and group therapy to teach effective coping skills for dealing with pain
There are many effective alternatives to narcotic medications, but finding the right combination of therapies requires time, effort and the expertise of a credentialed treatment team. If you’re searching for ways to create a pain-free, drug-free life, contact the admissions counselors here at Alta Mira. Our treatment programs are designed to fulfill each of our client’s unique needs. Call us to find out how our exclusive rehab facility can help you build a life based on hope, not pain.
Content will be erased after question is completed.