Microsoft Project Mini-Exercise 1
Summary: Create a one-page project plan using MS Project.
Due Date: Before start of class.
Upload work (an .mpp file) to the Digital drop-box and submit the print out before the class.
1. Enter the following tasks:
2. Change the time scale to Months/Weeks.
3. Set the Project start date to the actual start date of your class project..
4. Set the project name to "ACME Standard Widget" and make yourself the project
5. To each of the tasks listed in (1), insert three tasks under them: Task1, Task2, Task3.
6. Link each group of three tasks (Task1, Task2, Task3) and make each of the three tasks
10 days in duration.
7. Indent each group of three tasks one level; this will cause the tasks they were inserted
underneath to become "Summary Level" tasks.
8. Under Closure, rename Task1, Task2, and Task3 to Perform Procurement Audit, Verify
Product, and Update Records, respectively.
9. Insert three additional sub-tasks under the Closure summary task (following the Update
Records task), naming them: Perform Post Project Review, Produce End of Project
Performance Reports, and Close Financials. Make each of these added tasks 10 days
in duration as well. Link each of these three tasks to the Update Records task (so that
these three tasks will be performed in parallel after the Update Records task has
10. Link the last task in each group to the first task in the succeeding group by adding the
appropriate task numbers to the Predecessors column; do not link summary tasks.
11. Set up the page so that it is in Gantt view, with columns Task Name, Duration, Start,
Finish, Predecessors, and Successors visible. Hide all other columns. Do so by rightclicking in the columns and selecting “Hide Column.”
12. Show the Project Summary Task, named as defined in step 4.
13. Save the Project plan. Name your plan YourLastName _Mini1.
14. Upload your .mpp file to the Digital dropbox.
Page 1 of 1
Purchase answer to see full