This assessment requires you address the following topics:
- Define the seven principles of patient- clinician communication
- Explain how you apply each of these to your interactions with your own patients
- Describe the three methods being used to improve interdisciplinary communication
- Choose the one that you think applies best to your own area of practice, or the one that your area of practice currently uses, and clearly describe how you use it.
- Explain the ethical principles that can be applied to issues in patient-clinician communication
- Explain the importance of ethics in communication and how patient safety is influenced by good or bad team communication
Make sure you also include a clear, separate introduction and conclusion as a part of this assignment, as these are worth separate points on the grading rubric.
This assessment is aligned with course objective 6 and the module objectives.
Minimum of four (4) total references: two (2) references from required course materials and two (2) peer-reviewed references. All references must be no older than five years (unless making a specific point using a seminal piece of information)
Peer-reviewed references include references from professional data bases such as PubMed or CINHAL applicable to population and practice area, along with evidence based clinical practice guidelines. Examples of unacceptable references are Wikipedia, UpToDate, Epocrates, Medscape, WebMD, hospital organizations, insurance recommendations, & secondary clinical databases.
Unless otherwise specified, all the written assignment must follow APA 6th edition formatting, citations and references.Click here to download the Microsoft Word APA 6th edition template. Make sure you cross-reference the APA 6th edition book as well before submitting the assignment.
Number of Pages/Words
Unless otherwise specified all papers should have a minimum of 600 words (approximately 2.5 pages) excluding the title and reference pages.
To be successful, complete the following steps in order:
STEP 1. Review the instructional materials and finish learning activities in this module.
STEP 2. Click here to download the rubric. Click here to download detailed instructions.
STEP 3. Create a new Word document, write your paper based on the above overview.
STEP 4. Refer to APA book and rubric for correctly formatting the paper.
STEP 5. Save the document with the filename: "Lastname_Firstname_M4_A8" (Example: Smith_Jill_M4_A8.docx)
STEP 6. Submit the document by clicking the link on the left titled "M4 A8 WA: SUBMISSION AREA - NURSE-PATIENT COMMUNICATION, INTERDISCIPLINARY COMMUNICATION, AND PATIENT SAFETY"