Psycholinguistics focuses on the acquisition and processes of language. Review the four major concerns of psycholinguistics in Chapter 11 of your course text, Cognitive Psychology. For this discussion:
- Describe at least two of the four major concerns of psycholinguistics, giving an example of each.
- Give an example or two of how these concerns create challenges in communication
Please include the following in your response:
- Refer to and integrate ideas presented in the text and any supplemental readings.
- Cite outside resources if necessary to make your point.
- Follow APA style guidelines for citations and references.
Explore the topic of ambiguous words. Discuss processes used to assign meaning to a word. For this discussion:
- Compare and contrast the concepts of lexical priming, frequency, and dominance when using words.
- Provide examples of your selections.
Confirmation bias represents a pervasive tendency in reasoning. Myside bias and belief bias are types of confirmation bias. For this discussion:
- Describe confirmation bias, myside bias, and belief bias.
- Provide an example of how people fall prey to each of these tendencies.
- Under what circumstances do people seem to be less likely to show confirmation bias, myside bias, and belief bias?
4.Three hobbits and three orcs are on a river bank. The hobbits and orcs need to cross over to the other side of the river. They have for this purpose a small rowboat that will hold just two. There is also this problem: if the number of orcs on either river bank exceeds the number of hobbits on that bank, the orcs will eat the hobbits on that bank.How can all six creatures get across to the other side of the river in a way that guarantees that they all arrive there with the forest intact? Try to solve the problem and post your solution.