Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
In data center it is critical to choose patches which will work. A single mistake can cause loose of the system data.
The following process should be followed to ensure patches are successfully installed:
1. Where possible, create a backup/archive and verify its integrity by deploying it on a standby system.
2. Create a checklist/procedure for patch activities and deploy the patch on the standby system.
3. Test the patched standby system for operational functionality and compatibility with other resident
4. Swap the patched standby system into production and keep the previous unpatched production system
as a standby for emergency patch regression.
5. Closely monitor the patched production system for any issues not identified during testing.
6. Patch the standby system (old production) after confidence is established with the production unit.
7. Update software configuration management plan and related records.
In case of question feel free to ask.
Content will be erased after question is completed.