*******PLEASE FOLLOW THE ASSIGNMENT 3 FORMAT Assignment 3_Format.pdf
I need this by Wednesday no later than 2pm est. to review and submit payment. Thanks in advance for your help!
Assignment 3: Promotional and Advertising Strategies
Due Week 9
Select one (1) of the following categories of products to research: sports
apparel, automobiles, home furnishings, or televisions. Use the Internet to
research at least two (2) companies within the selected product category. Take
note of the leading companies in this product group, as well as the types of
marketing, pricing, and consumer-oriented promotional strategies that these
leading companies within the product group use.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast the promotional strategies used by two (2) different
companies for a similar product within the category that you selected.
- Recommend two (2) ways in which a company within the selected product group
could use marketing information to differentiate itself in the marketplace to
gain an advantage over its competitors. Provide a rationale to support your
- Propose two (2) uses for consumer-oriented promotions that could assist a
company in both the short and long term for the product group that you selected.
Provide a rationale for your response.
- Analyze the strategic manner in which the leading company in this product
group has made its pricing decisions by using one or more of the four (4)
pricing objectives. Suggest two (2) actions that other companies within the same
product group may take in order to differentiate themselves and gain a
competitive advantage. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine the most effective advertising medium for a company in the
selected product category. Support your response with two (2) examples of the
effectiveness of the chosen medium.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note:
Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Apply the core marketing concepts and marketing orientation to develop
viable marketing strategies that fit a variety of market environments, domestic
- Analyze information technology applications and the application of decision
support systems to gain a competitive advantage and more effectively control
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in contemporary
- Write clearly and concisely about contemporary business using proper writing