Assignment 2: Required Assignment 1—Measuring Financial Health and Performance
In M2: Assignment 2, you identified specific ratios for a specific scenario at Compnet. In the scenario, you determined the ratios for a potential investment opportunity. These ratios will help you interpret the performance trends of Compnet and make appropriate investment and loan decisions.
In this assignment, you will analyze the scenario from M2: Assignment 2 in detail. You will calculate the ratios identified and compare your calculations with two other companies in competition with Compnet. You will create a PowerPoint presentation of your analysis. The components of this presentation are detailed below.M2 : Scenario Consider the following scenario for this assignment: You are a manager at Compnet and your CEO has asked you to break down the financial statements into categories of accounts so that you can analyze trends within the company.
attached are the ratios for the scenario from M2:
compnet trend analysis part 1.xlsx
trend analysis part 2.docx
The two companies with which you will compare Compnet's results are Electro Scientific (Stock Symbol: ESIO) and CTS Corp (Stock Symbol: CTS). By conducting an Internet search, you can find the companies' current financial information and determine the trends in the industry. You can obtain the financial information of the two companies at the following links:
- Conduct a financial analysis using Excel:
- Calculate the ratios you identified in M2: Assignment 2 for Compnet and the other two companies. Click here AUO_MS6010_Ratio_Calculator.xlsx to access the ratio calculator to calculate the ratios for the three companies. Save the document as AUO_MS6010_Ratio_Analysis_Lastname_Firstname.xls. Create the following three tabs in this document to represent the data for the three companies:
- On the basis of your calculations, compare Compnet with the two other companies and answer the following questions:
- Do ESIO and CTS appear to be making effective financial decisions compared with Compnet? How does Compnet's performance compare with that of the other two companies?
- Is Compnet effectively using assets and debt compared with the other two companies? Why or why not?
- If you could invest in only one of the three companies, would you invest in Compnet? Why or why not?
- Create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation that includes the following:
- A brief description of the scenario you are working with
- The ratios you identified for the scenario in M2: Assignment 2
- A comparison and summary of the financial positions of the three companies
- Your investment decision to invest in Compnet along with the rationale for that decision
- Speaker notes to include background information and points that you would communicate verbally in a presentation
- You should prepare your presentation for an audience of fellow investors.
- Post questions, if any, for your instructor.
Produce a 10–12 slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M3_A2.ppt. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M3_A2.ppt. Use APA format to cite your sources.
By Wednesday, September 2, 2015, deliver your presentation to the M3: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
Conduct a financial Analysis in Excel.
Financial Analysis is clear and accurate. Calculations are accurate and laid out in an easily comprehensible and logical manner.
Provide a comparative analysis of Compnet against two other companies.
Comparison of companies is detailed and provides a good analysis of the financial decisions and performance trends to make informed investment recommendations.
Develop a PowerPoint presentation.
PowerPoint presentation is comprehensive and includes all pertinent information and in enough detail as per assignment instructions.
Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA); and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.