A study by the U.S. Sentencing
Commission recognized the importance of organizational culture and its impact
on an organization’s commitment to ethical conduct and compliance with the law
(LRN, 2006). Imagine that a business of your choosing is concerned about recent
ethical breaches by its employees. The business has hired you as a consultant
to evaluate the current ethical climate of the organization. The leadership has
requested that you to develop a comprehensive survey that the business can use
to determine the ethical climate of the organization. Note: You may
create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of
In preparation for this assignment,
read the article titled “Measuring Your
Organization’s Climate for Ethics: The Survey Approach”. Also, for tips on writing effective survey questions read
the article titled, “Writing Good Survey Questions”, located at https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/writing-survey-questions/.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper
in which you:
- Provide a brief (one  paragraph) description of the
organization for which you are providing consulting services.
- Recommend key steps that the organization can take to
create a strong culture.
- Develop an introduction paragraph to the survey
explaining the tie between organizational culture and ethical conduct.
- Designate at least two (2) groups within the
organization who will take the survey, and provide a rationale as to why
these two (2) groups should complete the survey.
- Develop a one (1) paragraph invitation to participate
in the survey explaining the purpose and intended use of the survey.
- Develop criteria for conducting the ethical climate
survey of the organization. The criteria should identify:
- Who the target audience is;
- The method by which the you will administer the
- Instructions for participants on accessing and
completing the survey.
- Construct at least three (3) sample questions that
address each of the following areas (12 questions total). At least two (2)
of the twelve (12) questions should require an open-ended response.
- Determine the organizational culture
- Examine the ethical climate of the organization
- Examine the impact of existing ethics training
- Determine the overall satisfaction of employees with
the management on leading the organization in an ethical manner
- Write a concluding paragraph that summarizes the
intent, the purpose, and expected impact of conducting the ethical climate
- Use at least three (3) quality academic references in
this assignment. You may include the resource(s) provided in the
assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic
Your assignment must follow these
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font
(size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references
must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for
any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and
the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the
required assignment page length.
The specific course learning
outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the variety of leadership theories and roles.
- Analyze the formation and dynamics of group behavior
and work teams, including the application of power in groups.
- Evaluate ways organizational culture can be managed and
promote ethics in an organization.
- Use technology and information resources to research
issues in leadership and organizational behavior.
- Write clearly and concisely about leadership and
organizational behavior using proper writing mechanics.