this is a part of the group assignment only do #4 but read all instructions attached.
In this project students will participate in a real-world experience evaluating a new business investment. The instructor will assign two-three person teams. Each team will select a publicly traded company, decide on a new business investment for the company, prepare analyses to support their decision to invest the company’s funds in this new business investment and present your results in a multimedia presentation. The presentation will include audio and should be at least 15 minutes.
Each team should present a comprehensive summary of the analyses of the new business investment as if this was to be presented to the CEO or other executive decision-maker of the company. It should take into consideration that the company has limited resources to fund new capital ventures and this presentation is the selling platform of their hard work.
The company we have chosen is Starbucks that is opening a new Store in Gilbert, AZ please make sure you do some research on the city as it is recently growing and is rated at #10 city within the US for people to live in and some competitors of Starbucks have also recently opened stores there. and below is how we have separated assignment and I have # 4. Need to be about 2 pages in a word and apower point presentation
I re-read the assignment and it does not give a lot of information or detail. Just pick a public company and choose an investment they would like to make and do an analysis on the investment and then act like we are presenting to the CFO and CEO. It is not a lot to go on - does not even stipulate Word doc or PPT presentation, page length or number of references (like I am used to seeing). I think we could maybe break it up into these parts.
1) company information (history and current), including current financials.
2) Investment that the company is looking at and why. Details around why the company needs to make this investment and what the benefits/impact would be for the company. Could Include non-financial impacts. If we are looking at a new Starbucks store we could talk about location and what it would do for the area.
3) Financial Analysis of investment (business case). Include multiple different analysis techniques such as NPV, ROI, and others. Look at it several different ways from a financial perspective to determine if it is a good investment or not.
4) Non financial analysis of investment - which includes non financialimpacts/considerations for the company to look at before making final decisions. Some of this could flow from section 2 or we leave out the non financial stuff from section 2.
5) Final recommendation and reasons for the recommendation