Case Scenario: Organizational Staffing for Luby Fitness Supply
Luby Fitness Supply (LFS) is a small, family-owned business supplying state-of-the-art fitness
equipment and supplies to physical therapy practices and small fitness centers throughout a 3state region. The company has decided to add to their product line a special flooring product
that reduces stress on joints. The flooring product will be ideal for running tracks and fitness
classrooms. With the addition of this new product, LFS will need to create eight new positions
within the company that currently employs 50 workers. These new positions include:
• Sales Manager (1 position)
• Customer Service Rep (1 position)
• Regional Sales Rep (1 position/state)
• Flooring Installer/Technician (1 position/state)
You are an HR employee assisting the Human Resources Director in helping the organization’s
leadership team understand the organizational staffing process and key issues that will need to
be considered along the way.
Perform the following tasks:
• Review the case scenario above and the details for this week’s meeting (below):
Case Scenario Details: During the final meeting with the leadership team, you will present key
considerations regarding the employee selection process for the new positions that are opening
up as a result of the product expansion. Your director has asked that you create another
PowerPoint presentation that includes the following:
1. A list of key activities in the selection process.
2. An explanation of the different ways in which the applicant pool is narrowed down to just the
top candidates for each position. Include information on the legal aspects that need to be
3. Recommendations for which type(s) of interview you think are most appropriate for each of
the new positions and why.
4. An explanation of the value of conducting background checks and possible sources to use for
these checks. Are there different checks that should be done for any of the positions?
Create a 5-8 slide PowerPoint presentation that addresses each of the four points listed above
pertaining to the case scenario.
Purchase answer to see full