How to Make Class Work for
Know what the class is about
• A syllabus from the course instructor is necessary to understand what
a particular class is about.
• The syllabus summarizes the content that needs to be covered, the
approximate time period and the number of assignments that need
to be covered during the course.
• Once the syllabus is available, students should abide by it and read
ahead of all assignments.
• It is classroom etiquette to communicate with instructors should
circumstances prevent the student from attending a class or doing an
• There are many advantages to arriving to a class early.
• For one, the student will be able to secure a proper seat and they will
have time to revisit the notes from the previous class.
• The student can also participate in discussions with classmates or ask
the instructor questions regarding the course-work should he be
• It may also be an opportunity for a silent time before resuming to
• To make the most out of class, individuals should actively participate
by engaging in constructive discussions and being extra keen when
the instructor is teaching.
• Students are encouraged to ask ques...