cf_u08a1_community_health_care_roles_and_functions_table.docCommunity Health Care Roles and Functions
· Community Health Care Roles and Functions Scoring Guide.
· Community Health Care Roles and Functions Table
In this activity, you will complete the last of three similar tables exploring health care settings, to help you understand the health care team you may manage. Review instructions for completing it in Unit 4, if necessary. In the final unit, you will review the three tables you have completed, to identify an area in which you might be interested in pursuing your health care management career. Spend some time exploring each area, even if you have already decided which setting you want to pursue. It is important to understand the roles of your health care colleagues, including what they do—and what motivates them.
Using the Community Health Care Roles and Functions Table, examine the health care professions and departments involved in public policy, outcomes, and social marketing aspects of the health care field. Note that the list from the table is not all-inclusive. These are simply some of the most visible roles involved in community support and government policy regarding health care.
Determine the following for each role or professional area:
· Where it fits as a component in the chronic health care model (refer to the Unit 4 media piece).
· What the job duties entail, or what services the job provides.
· What might motivate individuals in that job role (typically more than money).
· Whether the role is reimbursable by insurance.
· What specific education or preparation is required for the role (include degree and topic of study, such as bachelor's degree in nursing).
· The name of the primary professional organization representing the role.
Pick one field in which you could see yourself potentially managing or working after graduation. In one or two paragraphs, describe the role as you see it. Describe how you would motivate your colleagues and employees. Identify professional organizations pertinent to this role.