Assignment 3: The Wild Frontier, Part
Due Week 8 and worth 80 points
Thanks to the great IT support
the IT team provided, Wild Frontier is expanding even more. Each of the original
four (4) satellite offices have doubled in size and four (4) more offices are
being opened. The current licensing seats have managed to cover all of the
existing personnel, without full utilization but the new demand will overtax
them. The owner, Sam Yosemite, gets all fired up if he can’t allocate costs
fairly according to use. You also need to make the existing printers cover the
additional personnel use without buying new printers, even though the managers
have to print off long documents several times each week to provide shooting
targets for Sam.
Also, some users have been accessing applications and
media services they do not need and the IT team needs to curtail this. The
budget given for the increased staff is not sufficient for new desktops for each
user. Additional storage needs have been identified in the original four (4)
satellite offices, as well as some slowdowns in performance. These need to be
addressed along with the consideration of Terminal Services
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
Analyze how using Windows SharePoint Services will help meet many of the
criteria for providing support for the additional remote offices and help
prevent duplication of work.
2. Create a plan to meet the printer
requirements specified in the scenario.
3. Propose a solution that will
a. Additional storage needs.
b. Slowdowns in performance.
c. Consideration of Terminal Services
4. Use Visio or a similar tool to depict graphically the
physical and logical layout of your plan. Note: The graphically depicted
solution is not included in the required page length.
5. Use at least
three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar
Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must
follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, or one of their
equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams /
charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, deploy, and configure Windows SharePoint
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, deploy, and configure Windows Media
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in application
- Write clearly and concisely about application server development using
proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.