Select one law related to financial management in health care organizations. Include a cover page and a list of references at the end of the paper in APA Format. Paper will be double spaced and be 4-5 pages in 12 point New Times Roman font. [No deduction if paper exceeds a page or so. Thus 3 and half page paper will be penalized.]
The assignment is to be written in clear, concise narrative. All sections in the outline for Assignment #2 are required. The majority of the paper should be devoted to two sections: a) The three (3) case examples and penalties of those found guilty; and b) the three (3) remedial steps involving management intervention to reverse the non-compliance in organizations such as these.
Outline Must use the underlined headings from the outline below in your paper and the paper must be in narrative form not outline or bullet format.-2pts from 12.5pts paper is worth if underlined headings not used in your paper.
1. Name of the Law or Laws:
Indicate the official title of the federal and/or state law, the statute and section number. Must be either a federal statute or state statute or you must cite both if applicable. [Thus if there is both a federal and state law that covers your subject picked then you must cite both]
2. Management’s Financial responsibilities:
What is the health care organization’s responsibilities under this financial management statute? Provide a comprehensive discussion of two (2) specific responsibilities under the financial management statute. Describe the appropriate behavior and expectation. Contrast the correct behavior with financial management behavior violating the law. Include the citations and source of documents describing the organization’s responsibilities.
3.Consequences for Ethical or Legal Breach:
Identify from the news, three (3) specific case examples of health care organizations or health care providers found guilty of a legal or ethical breach. Identify the specific legal and/or ethical breach and the penalties assessed to the health service organizations and/or individuals found guilty of violating the law or ethics [provide citation of law]. Do you agree with the result in each case? If so why and if not why not? Students should use a minimum of three (3) documented specific examples retrieved from the print media.
4.Management’s remedial steps to reverse the non-compliance organizations:
Describe three (3) specific management actions or remedial steps to ensure the financial management in the health care organization meets or exceeds federal law or state law. Discuss how each of the three management actions specifically meets or exceeds specific federal or state law. Be specific as to how exactly it meets or exceeds specific federal or state law. Use information provided in class such as the governance structure and standardized procedure development. Note: These actions may include specific uses of technology, procedures, human resource training, and other management tools. However these action steps must be within the control of a manager.
5.Conclusion: Summary your findings above
6.Reference List [APA Format]
The paper must be:
- Be sure and use the underlined headings found in the outline below in your paper. Paper must be in narrative format not outline or bullets.
- Double spaced and be 4-5 pages in 12 point New Times Roman font. [No deduction if paper exceeds a page or so. Thus 3 and half page paper will be penalized.]
- Must footnote all facts in the paper. For example use sequential numbers starting with "1" and this number should correspond to full citation at the end of the paper. Do not put footnote citations at end of each page but at end of entire paper.
- Include a cover page [not counted as a page] which should have student name and title of your paper [Provide a short name for the legal responsibility the specific health care organization has for one type of patient right in a specific setting ]
- A the end of the paper a list of references in APA Format [not counted as a page]
- Be prepared using word-processing software and saved with a .doc, .docx, or .rtf extension. No pdf.
- Be uploaded to your Assignments Folder by 11:59 p.m. eastern time on the due date.
- Late penalties: Paper is due by due date but if there occurs is an extraordinary event beyond your control, then you need to contact me as to the reason and then we can discuss a new due date if I agree with your excuse. In every case of an extension you will be penalized 11% [no chance for an A on the paper] for the first day late and an additional .5 pt for each day thereafter, no matter the excuse deducted from the 12.5pts paper is worth.
- The paper is to be posted in Assignment #2 drop box.