Your initial post should be a
minimum of 100 words in length and is due by Sunday. By Tuesday, you
should respond to two additional posts from your peers. If you have not
done so lately, please review the Rules of Discussion.
While we will not be conducting
research involving human subjects (e.g. surveys, interventions,
experiments) in this course, we may incorporate information from experts
This week we will discuss
potential candidates for an expert interview and potential datasets to
gather more information for our research. Consider your research topic
and what you have already uncovered in your research process.
- List two experts (e.g. local or national) you might interview to get firsthand information for your research topic.
- Provide a brief overview of your expert’s credentials and why you chose them.
- List two datasets (e.g. government or organization) you might use to get primary data information for your research topic.
- Provide a brief overview of the dataset’s information and why you chose them.
- Do you feel an expert interview or dataset is the most feasible option for your research? Explain why?
In your follow up posts, respond
to a minimum of two other students and provide constructive feedback on
their topics. Did your classmate give you additional ideas for your
research? Does your classmate’s choice appear to be feasible? Do you
have any additional recommendations for your classmate’s research
View your discussion rubric.