Write One Paragraph
Part 1: Post a Response
By the 1990s, the US was stepping into the “Information Age”. This
would coincide with the presidency of Bill Clinton. One can also see
this as a period when global connections really became more visible and
faster, in part because of new trade agreements around the globe. In
North America, there was NAFTA—the North American Free Trade Agreement.
By the late 1990s the US economy was entering a dynamic period of
Choose and discuss one of the following two topics related to the American history under President Clinton:
- Discuss opposing viewpoints about free trade during the 1990s.
- For the period of the Clinton presidency, identify one view of
those favoring “free trade” and one view of those who were opposed.
- Explain how you would weigh the pros and cons of this policy. In hindsight, what is your view of NAFTA? Is globalization good?
- Identify the source(s) where you read about these “free trade” issues of that time.
- Discuss the “economic rebound” of the late 1990s under President Clinton.
- Identify three of the “package” of changes that characterized the
economic boost of the “information revolution” in the late 1990s.
- Discuss and explain what you think was the most important of
these changes. What can we learn from that sort of period of economic
- Identify the source(s) where you read about these changes during the late 1990s. For guidance, view this short video.