Purpose: This activity will help you to apply relevant economic theories (Course Objective # 2); this also aligns with Course Objective # 3 as you consider political, economic, technological, and sociological environments.
GLOBAL SITUATION: “Should I sell my products in foreign markets? Which markets should I enter?” These are fundamental questions virtually every business owner and manager, regardless of company size, will ask at some time in their career. Often, firms will enter foreign markets without doing initial analysis. This video outlines the analysis firms should use to evaluate different countries to assess their potential and the associated risks. The video at the link below explains how to do:
- Economic Analysis;
- Sociocultural Analysis;
- Infrastructure Analysis;
- Political Risk Assessment.
View the videos at https://www.pinterest.com/pin/387591111651725766/ OR click below:
Watch Video Globalization & Assessing Global Markets For Potential Entry
User: n/a - Added: 10/25/12
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yVMnuhYp4c
Select from any of the following countries for this discussion:
Answer the following questions in your initial post:
- Should I sell my products or service in my selected country? Why?
- Which market/area should I enter first? Why? (Cities, rural, suburb, whole country, etc.)
- Should I do an initial foreign market analysis? Why?
- Answer each of these questions by using at least two outside sources, (note your sources):
- Your Economic Analysis?
- Your Sociocultural Analysis?
- Your Infrastructure Analysis?
- Your Political Risk Assessment?