For this discussion, find and watch a recorded speech via YouTube or other online video repositories. In your post, analyze the speech for effectiveness. For example, what communication styles or traits did the speaker use? Was the main message effectively communicated?
Please be sure to include the link to the speech as well.
In 2-3 paragraphs, respond to the topics detailed below.
- What speech did you choose and why?
- What did you like about it?
- Was the speaker a natural speaker or was it forced? Describe.
- What did you learn from it and how can you apply it to your life?
- Would you seek out other speeches by this person or on this topic? Why or why not?
- How did the speaker use nonverbal communication to get his/her point across?
In 2-3 paragraphs, respond to another student regarding their reaction to the speech.
- Were you able to find the speech and listen to it?
- Did you like the speech? Could you see why your classmate liked it?
- How was the speech you chose different from this one?
- What did you learn and what could you apply to your life?
- Did the speaker's culture/gender/age/income affect the way they spoke or the experiences they spoke about?
- Was he or she an effective speaker? Why?