Assignment 3: Using a Sociological Approach
Introduction to Sociology
Learn (Write a paragraph of at least 5 to 7 sentences answering the following questions.)
- What were the key findings from the research? Be sure that you are answering in your own words.
Theory (Write 2 paragraphs of at least 5 to 7 sentences each answering the following questions.)
- Choose one of the four major sociological theories—Functionalism, Conflict Theory, Symbolic Interactionism, or Rational Choice Theory.
- In your own words, define the theory that you chose.
- Discuss how this theory relates to the research findings in the article.
(Review the Assignment 3 Cheat Sheet in the Help tab in Blackboard and Sections 1.8 - 1.12 in your Webtext for more information.)
Evaluate (Write at least 2 paragraphs of at least 5 to 7 sentences each answering the following questions.)
- What research method was used in the article?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using this research method? (Your response should be a paragraph of at least 5-7 sentences.)
- What additional research should be conducted to learn more about the problem examined in the article? (Your response should be a paragraph of at least 5-7 sentences.)
See section 2.9 and table 2.1 of the Webtext to review the advantages and disadvantages of the different research methods.