Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
1) General hospital:
● Which offers medical, surgical. Obstetric, emergency, and diagnostic as well as laboratory services.
2) Specialty hospital:
● Which offers only a particular type of care. such as:
- psychiatric hospitals
- women's hospitals
- children's hospitals
● Specialty hospitals tend to be less common than general hospitals
3) Community hospital:
●Which provides those services provided in the general hospital but for specific community.
4) Tertiary hospital:
●Which are serving as referral centers for clients with complex or unusual problems.
●They have the facilities for specialized types of care such as burn centers, bone marrow transplant centers, as well as resources for general care.
●They serve a wide geographic area in addition to their own community.
●Usually associated with a university or are a part of a large medical center.
5) Sub-acute care (transitional care):
● It is a growing type of services that may be offered in a special unit of a hospital or may be provided in long –term care setting.
6) In-home services:
●Which are provided in the community health care agencies, by health care professional including nurses, physical therapists, social workers, and home health care aid.
● this care may be:
1) Short–term: teaching and monitoring after hospitalization
2) Intermediate-term: to assist an individual until self-care is possible
3) Long-term: for those with ongoing health problems
7) Ambulatory care:
● Which refers to care services provided to persons who are not hospitalized
● The ambulatory settings include:
The outpatient surgery centers
Minor emergency clinics
Outpatient dialysis units
Outpatient birthing centers
Please let me know if you need any clarification. I'm always happy to answer your questions.
Content will be erased after question is completed.