Consider the corporation you have selected to use in your first three assignments. Identify one of the firm’s major competitors that you would consider working for.
Research the corporation on its own Website, the public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR database (http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml), in the University's online databases, and any other sources you can find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions.
You will do a 15 minutes presentation to the Board of Directors of the corporation. Develop an eight to twelve slide PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes or record a video based upon Assignments 1 through 4. You may choose to compare your chosen corporation to a major competitor with whom you would like to work. You will make recommendations to the Board of Directors based upon your analysis and decision on why the corporation remains or is not a good fit for you.
Determine the impact of the company’s mission, vision, and primary stakeholders on its overall success as a competitive employer in the industry.
Create a SWOT analysis for the company to determine its major strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
Based on the SWOT analysis, outline a strategy for the company to capitalize on its strengths and opportunities, and minimize its weaknesses and threats.
Discuss the various levels and types of strategies the firm may use to maximize its competitiveness and profitability.
Outline a communications plan the company could use to make the strategies you recommend above known to all stakeholders.
Develop an executive level Power Point presentation with 8 -12 slides with speaker notes and appropriate graphics or professional video.
Assess efforts by this corporation to be a responsible (ethical) corporate citizen and determine the impact these efforts (or lack thereof) have on the company’s bottom line. Provide specific examples to support your response.
Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
References must be submitted on a Works Cited page using SWS format. This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine ways in which the vision, mission, and stakeholders of a firm impact that firm’s overall success.
- Identify how the six segments of the general environment affect an industry and its firms.
- Identify the five forces of competition.
- Analyze the external environment for opportunities and threats that impact the firm.
- Analyze the internal environment of a company for strengths and weaknesses that impact the firm’s competitiveness.
- Identify various levels and types of strategy in a firm.
- Assess the ethical implications related to strategic decisions.
- Predict ways in which corporate governance will affect strategic decisions.
- Assess the relationship between strategy and organizational structure.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business administration.
- Write clearly and concisely about business administration using proper writing mechanics.