Scenario: You are the HR manager of a healthcare organization. One of the newly appointed nurses has complained about a senior doctor. She claims that the doctor sends her obscene messages on her cell phone and also makes obscene gestures at her.
Write a paper addressing the following:
- How would you define sexual harassment? What is the legal definition?
- Does the complaint in the scenario fall under the definition of sexual harassment? Why or why not?
- What would be the implications of this complaint, if it is found true, for the senior doctor and the healthcare organization?
- How would you, as an HR manager, address this complaint? What does the law require of HRM in such cases?
- What steps would you take to prevent this kind of situation from recurring?
- To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Your assignment should be addressed in a 2- to 3-page document.
Explanation & Answer
Running Head: SEXUAL HARRASSMENT
In the workplace, sexual harassment can be defined as an act of harassment to the employees and
encompasses uninvited comments, behavior similar to sex, conduct, as well as sexual orientation.
This offence can be made by anyone in the workplace, including the managers, employees, and
also co-workers. Indeed, sexual harassment can result in interruptions in the business
environment, and therefore it is unlawful to practice it in the workplace (Larsen et al., 2018). The
legal definition of sexual harassment is any form of sexual behavior, which can be offensive,
intimidating and offensive. It is against the law to sexually harass someone, and many should
report any sexual harassment. Sexual harassment can be done in the workplace in exchange for
favors such as promotion in job, recommendations, and projects, among other...
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science!