Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
Thanks for your question. As atutor I would highly reccomend that you make a choice yourself and chose a person then apply the campell's characteristics. Different people chose different leaders, but you as the stiudent are required to make a choice of someone you relate with. I will give you the characteristics and then you can apply them yourself. In case you do not have any idea of leaders you can chose someone like martin luther king, President Obama etc. Here are the characteristics.
1. A hero gives his or her life to something bigger than him/herself, to some higher end.
2. A hero performs a courageous act, either physical or spiritual.
3. A hero is usually someone from whom
something has been taken or who feels there's something lacking in the
normal experience available, or permitted, to members of his society.
4. A hero embarks on a series of adventures to recover what is lost or to discover some life-giving information.
5. The hero usually moves out of the known, conventional safety of his/her own life to undertake the journey.
6. The hero undergoes trials and tests to see if he or she has the courage, the knowledge and the capacity to survive.
7. A hero has to achieve something.
8. A hero's journey usually consists of a
departure, a fulfillment, and a return. Source: Joseph Campbell's The
Power of Myth (1988, New York: Doubleday)
Go ahead now and chose one you know well and apply this characteristics. Please let me know if you need any clarification. I'm always happy to answer your questions.
Sep 11th, 2015
Did you know? You can earn $20 for every friend you invite to Studypool!