1.3 The Scientific Method
View and take notes from the lecture video on the scientific method that is listed below:
The Scientific Method: Steps, Examples, Tips and Exercise (Links to an external site.)
I. After you finish viewing the lecture video, answer and post the following questions:
1. How can the scientific method be used to solve or investigate a problem?
2. List and describe each step of the scientific method.
3. Identify steps in the scientific method that include a mathematical process.
II. The video below is an example of a video that could be shown to an elementary class. After viewing the video, answer and post the questions that follows:
Bemular - Scientific Method (Educational Kids Music & Video) (Links to an external site.)
1. How would you introduce a lesson about the scientific method, using the video above or a similar video?
2. What type of activity would you consider doing with your students that would further engage their understanding of the scientific method?
3. How would you assess their level of understanding?
4. What opportunities would you give students who struggle with the concept?
5. What opportunities would you give students who excel with the concept?