You’ll complete a short answer activity in which you will review a research article to identify the research conclusion. Then, you’ll take another look at that conclusion from the perspective of one of the major sociological theories
Read the Article: “Money, Not Access, Key to Resident Food Choices in ‘Food Deserts’ “ https://news.ncsu.edu/2017/03/money-fooddeserts-20...
1) What were the key findings and conclusion from the research?
Remember: The four major sociological theories are Functionalism, Conflict Theory, Symbolic Interactionism, and Rational Choice Theory.
2) Choose one of the four major sociological theories— Functionalism, Conflict Theory, Symbolic Interactionism, or Rational Choice Theory. (Review Sections 1.8 - 1.12 in your webtext for more information.)
a) In your own words, define the theory that you chose.
b) Discuss how this theory relatesto the research findings in the article.
3) Use the article to help answer the questions below.
a) What research method was used in the article?
b) What are the advantages and disadvantages of using this research method? (Your response should be a paragraph of at least 5-7 sentences.) See section 2.9 and table 2.1 of the web text to review the advantages and disadvantages of the different research methods.
c) What additional research should be conducted to learn more about the problem examined in the article?
4) Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements: • Use the Assignment 3 template to complete this assignment. •
References are not required fort his assignment as you will use the assigned article and your webtext.
• Be sure to include your name and the date on the cover page.