Your Future Plans
In one page, describe the career path you hope to pursue. Describe the role you see yourself fulfilling upon graduation, in two years, in five years, and in ten years. What career changes would you like to make? Visualize your next steps in achieving your professional goals. Use this assignment as an opportunity to plan your professional future in health care management.
Address the following questions in regard to the roles you project for yourself at each of the intervals (upon graduation, in two years, in five years, and in ten years):
- How will you get to this position? What support will you need? What organizations will you join?
- Who will you supervise in this role? How will you motivate your employees? Provide examples of motivational strategies based on your studies.
- What types of changes would you hope to implement in this role? What types of outcomes will you look for?
- What is the future of the role? Refer to projections based on scholarly resources.
Note: It is not necessary to generate answers for four separate roles if you do not intend to change roles at all four intervals.
Respond to the following questions about your overall career path:
- What do you see as your biggest professional barrier?
- What do you see as your biggest personal barrier?
- What trends in the changing health care field will affect your profession?
Cite your resources in APA format. You may want to review the readings included in the Resources.
Be sure to complete the entire assignment. As with all of your assignments, examine the scoring guide (linked in the Resources) for guidance on earning optimal credit for your work.