Running Head: EARTH SCIENCE
Earth Science Questions
1. Minerals must be solid, non-organic, and have a definite internal structure.
1. Which property of minerals describes how they break along given planes?
1. Gypsum and quartz can look very similar. Which test can help you distinguish
1. Sphalerite is an important ore source of lead.
1. The Bushveld area of South Africa is a well-known source of which economic
1. A rock is defined as
ANY HARD AGGREGATE IN THE EARTH
AN AGGREGATE OF MINERALS WITHOUT SPECIFIC CHEMICAL
A SUBSTANCE MADE OF JUST ONE CHEMICAL ELEMENT
1. List and describe at least four different types of luster that minerals may display.
Adamantine-This type of luster are shiny and posses the hardness like that of
diamond. They may occur in either a transparent or translucent form.
Greasy-.This luster can be found in rocks that have a fat appearance on the
Vitreous-This type of luster feel greasy when touched. They also have an
appearance like that of fat.
Dull- This luster are known for their coarse and porous surface. Also, they have ...
15 Million Students Helped!
Sign up to view the full answer