Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
Here are some of the most considerations:
1. Employee should be self‐disciplined and capable of working with little on‐site supervision. S/he should demonstrate the ability to maintain productive work habits (i.e., working 8 hours per day, or the agreed amount per day or week). The employee should be able to effectively use work time to complete projects and must be flexible.
2. Employee needs strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as appropriate knowledge of the use of computers and other technology.
3. Employee must have a demonstrated good performance record (i.e., positive performance evaluations and no documented absenteeism problems).
4. Employee must be able to provide an appropriate telecommuting work environment that meets University standards.
5. Telecommuting may be appropriate for salaried and wage employees.
6. Certain positions do not lend themselves to telecommuting. The supervisor or manager has discretion in making this determination based on the tasks and functions of the position.
Please let me know if you need any clarification. I'm always happy to answer your questions.
Content will be erased after question is completed.