Your assignment in this lesson is a personal Project-Based essay. This essay is based on previous learning activities and information we have examined from our text and assignments. Previously you completed your:
- Introductory paragraph with thesis statement
- Previous writings on specific theorists
Using a word processor, complete the following:
You should revise the introductory paragraph based on your instructor's feedback and thesis statement to begin this assignment. You will then write a 2 to 3 page essay based on the following:
- Choose ONE theory from our previous weeks, e.g., Week 4 (learning theories), Week 7 (theories of emotion), Week 8 (theories of development) or Week 9 (theories of Freud, Jung, Adler, or Horney).
- Reflect on this theory and choose ONE person who you would like to write about, expounding upon this theory. This person may be self, friend, family member, or even a celebrity.
- Think about your chosen theory. Remember, you are applying what we have learned in our class when writing this paper, using self, friend, family member, or even a celebrity as your person of choice. Therefore, your paper should have scholarly sources, such as our text, to back up your statements.
- Write! When writing at the college level there are guidelines we must follow in writing a college level academic paper.
Each paper must have:
- Title Page – includes title of paper, name, date, and course. (Please remember the title page stands alone as its own page.)
- Thesis Statement – Use Week 10 and instructor’s feedback to improve and revise. [To read more about thesis statements, please review the following: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/545/01/]
- Body Paragraphs - This is the full discussion and analysis of your paper. [To read more about body paragraphs, please review the following: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/724/02/]
As the full discussion and analysis of your paper, the body of your essay should answer the following comments and questions.
- You have already written a paragraph in previous weeks about this theory. You may use your previous research done in these assignments to continue writing this essay project.
- Who are you writing about?
- Why have you chosen this person above others?
- How do you see your chosen theory exhibited in the person you are writing about?
- When did you notice your chosen theory in this person? Was it at work, home, school, or perhaps even over a period of time and places, television, and/or celebrity interviews?
- What do you feel is the one most important fact of information you would like to share with your readers in writing about this theory as it relates to your person of choice?
- Conclusion Paragraph - The conclusion reiterates the highlights of your paper. [To read more about conclusion paragraphs, please review the following: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/engagement/2/2/60/]
- Reference page – This page stands alone and fully references our text.
This paper must follow APA formatting. See your syllabus for additional information on APA formatting as well as, the OWL website at https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/2/10/ to format your paper.
Your assignment should be a minimum of two to three pages, excluding your title and reference pages. Each paragraph should include 5-7 insightful sentences.
Use APA format in this document, following these guidelines:
- Your paragraphs should be double-spaced
- Times New Roman, 12pt font
- Margins should be set at 1 inch on all sides.
Your textbook is an excellent resource for citations. However, you may also use resources available in our libraryhttp://everest.campusguides.com/onlineresources
In text citations should be provided, even when using our text. For example: (Nevid, 2013)
(Please note, the use of research documents must remain at an academic or scholarly level. The use of websites such as Wikipedia or Ask.com are not credible sources because they are not necessarily written by academic experts.)
For citation guidelines, please refer to the table in the APA Style section of the syllabus. Your textbook is cited as below:
Nevid, J. S. (2013). Psychology: Concepts and applications (4th ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning
The following resources will help you with your APA formatting: