Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!
Ethnocentric Staffing Policy
- The expatriates bring technical and business expertise
- The expatriates posses a greater ability to transfer know-how from the parent to the subsidiary
- Political understanding of the headquarters' organization. Thus, easier chain management
- Expatriates sometimes face difficulty in adjusting to international assignments
- Expatriates are very expensive
- High failure rate
Appropriate where the parent company's tasks and operations require control and management for the company to profit.
polycentric Staffing Policy
- Supported by host country governments
- moral and career opportunities of local staff is boosted
- They are generally less expensive
- Lack of international experience is sometimes a liability. Thus losses are experienced
- The managers experience Difficulty of coordinating the activities between headquarters and subsidiaries
geocentric Staffing Policy
- A pool of international senior managers are created by this policy i.e. development of a network of persons with international experience and contacts across borders
- The tendency of international managers identification is reduced.
- High costs
- requires a highly centralized control of the staffing process for successful implementation
Oct 6th, 2015
Oct 27th, 2016
Mark as Final Answer
Unmark as Final Answer
Content will be erased after question is completed.