Nuclear decay problems. I need to work the problem out and solve both

label Chemistry
account_circle Unassigned
schedule 1 Day
account_balance_wallet $5

When iridium-192 emits a beta particle as it decays.

When iridium-194 emits a beta particle as it decays.

Oct 6th, 2015

Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your question!

When iridium-192 emits a beta particle as it decays.

Iridium 192 decays by emitting a beta partical, its half life is 73.8 days.

It decays 95.1% through negative beta emission, and the remaining 4.9% is through electron capture.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I'm always happy to answer your questions.
Oct 6th, 2015

Isnt this only the first part? What about iridium -194?

Oct 6th, 2015

Studypool's Notebank makes it easy to buy and sell old notes, study guides, reviews, etc.
Click to visit
The Notebank
...
Oct 6th, 2015
...
Oct 6th, 2015
Oct 19th, 2017
check_circle
Mark as Final Answer
check_circle
Unmark as Final Answer
check_circle
Final Answer

Secure Information

Content will be erased after question is completed.

check_circle
Final Answer