Focus of the Summary Paper
- Explain how a major organization (e.g., Wal-Mart, Coca-Cola, etc.) utilizes the supply chain or logistics management systems to get its products to markets.
- Describe how the supply chain function has improved over time for the organization.
- Analyze the current technology used and the impact of this technology on supply chain capability.
- Discuss specific ways outsourcing impacts an organization’s supply chain strategy.
- Explains specific applicable rules and regulations related to the supply chain of the company (i.e. laws and/or policies).
- Provide a recommendation and plan that you believe would be the best supply chain strategy for this organization.
- Evaluate the expected benefits of your new strategy on the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization’s supply chain.
Writing the Summary Paper
- Must be 2500-3000 words
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that tells the reader what will be covered in the paper.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that tells the reader what was learned from reading the paper.
- Must use at least five professional resources, including a minimum of two from ProQuest, in addition to the text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.