from the following three articles will help you with this essay
From Theoretical To Practical: Developing Tillich's Apologetics
by Wendy Morrison found at:
Click on Download this PDF File at the bottom left of the web page.
The God above God found at
You might also want to look at: The webpage
contains the article What Is Faith?: An Analysis of Tillich's 'Ultimate
Write an essay of 500-600 words explaining Tillich's concept of
faith. Be sure to include explanations or answers to each of the following
issues. Use examples to strengthen your explanations.
1) What does it mean to say that a living being is concerned about something?
2) What is an ultimate concern? What is the relationship between
how a person lives her life and her ultimate concern?
3) Can we be mistaken in our faith? What are the consequences of
such mistaken faith?
4) How does Tillich describe God?
5) Discuss one important contrast you noticed between Tillich's
ideas about faith and the ideas about faith usually found in the church.
Here is a good way to complete the assignment. Take notes for
your answers to the questions 1-4. Write up your answers in paragraph form -
one for each topic. Use the topics you considered for 1-4 and to help you
answer number 5. You will get more points for explaining things in your own
All questions must be answer, APA guidelines, correct grammar, cite, and references, No cover sheet, must use examples to strengthen your explanations.