1) Explain how leadership positions are elected in the House of Representatives and Senate.
2) What is gatekeeping authority? What kinds of decisions made by committees can affect
the passage of bills?
3) After a bill is signed into law, does Congress have any authority over how the law is
4) Where does the power of judicial review come from? Explain.
5) Explain what a common law system is, and how it works in terms of deciding cases.
6) Give one reason for, and one against, keeping the terms for federal judges at life.
7) Using the Cherokee Cases example, explain why the
judiciary cannot enforce court decisions.