Write a 1,050 to 1,500 paper analyzing the formation of habits using behavioral and social-cognitive approaches (in this paper, you can use the first person word "I," but do not use the word "you."). Your paper should cover the following areas:
- Analyze one of your current habits that you would like to change. How did you develop this habit? Were there role models for this habit? Which people influenced the adoption of this habit?
- Why do you continue it? Has there been a time when you have attempted to break this habit?
- Use the behavioral/reinforcement personality theory to explain why you have this habit.
- Describe components of social-cognitive theory that explain why the habit formed.
- Develop a 3-step plan that applies operant conditioning to change this habit (must include reinforcement for each step). Example:
- Behavior Reinforcement
- Walk around the block three times a week Treat myself to a facial
- Between the behavioral/reinforcement and social-cognitive theories, which one do you find best explains your personality?
Provide a minimum of 3 academic APA references with matching citations in the paper.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines, including an introduction and a summarizing conclusion.
************The habit I want to focus on is chewing on my nails. My mother chewed on hers, as do all my sisters. I have tried to stop but have not been successful.
Explanation & Answer
Hey there, I have completed the assignment. please find attached. its nice working with you😇
Running head: BEHAVIORAL SOCIAL COGNITIVE APPROACHES
Behavioral Social Cognitive Approaches
BEHAVIORAL SOCIAL COGNITIVE APPROACHES
The characters that define an individual are dependent on factors such as environmental
and biological conditions. Every individual is known and defined by their behaviors. These are
things that we do that define our characters, which could either be bad characters or good
characters. The bad behaviors are those that we want to change even when we are addicted to
them. The bad behaviors could either be self-taught, adapted from the people we stay with or it
could be genetically transmitted. People's character always differs with one another. Some
characters that a child has during childhood can develop into adulthood while some behaviors are
dropped as they grow and interact with new environments.
Current Habit I would like to Change
Habits are those behaviors that individuals do unconsciously because they are part of a
person's life. They come automatically, and a person does not need to have self-analysis when
performing the tasks. One of the habits that I have formed since I was a kid I have not managed
to let go is the habit of chewing nails. My mother told me that as an infant, I would suckle my
thumbs almost all times. Sucking my thumb would make me fall asleep, or help me concentrate
on a good cartoon or animation. This translated to the habit of chewing my nails as I grew up.
Apparently, my mother also used to chew her nails as she grew up...