Refer to the following drug description to answer questions 5-8
(phenazopyridine HCI tablets, USP)
Product of I-Health, a Division of DSM
Description: AZO Standard (phenazopyridine HCl) is a urinary tract analgesic agent, chemically designated 2, 6-pyridinediamine, 3-(phenylazo), monohydrochloride.
5. The generic name of the drug is ___________________________________________________________.
6. The chemical name of the drug is __________________________________________________________.
7. The trade name of the drug is ____________________________________________.
8. What is indicated by the ( r with circle around it) symbol after the drug name?
9. List three drug references:
10. Explain the difference between these two medication orders:
a. Give two Tylenol, PO.
b. Give on Tylenol No #2 PO.