In this week, you will build on the analysis done in the previous
weeks to create a quality management plan. Use the three steps of the Shewhart
Cycle—Do, Check, Act—to complete your quality management plan.
Create a "balanced scorecard" and a "dashboard" specific to the
areas of improvement in your quality management plan to describe performance
measurement tools that are broad in scope but summarized in a few key
Using the selected healthcare operating unit, create a specific
dashboard for an operating unit of a healthcare organization.
On the basis of identified weaknesses, the improvement
implementation plans, and your knowledge of the unit:
- Create four categories of measurement. They must include both clinical and
financial categories. Describe the categories and write a justification for
- For each category, create at least three specific
performance measures. For each measure, describe how it is calculated and where
the data can be found.
- Explain how the performance measures may change if
the unit of analysis is the organization as a whole and not a specific operating
In addition, present a 5-page plan addressing the following
quality management plan controls:
- Discuss issues to be considered with the implementation of the improvement
- Staff acceptance of change
- Implementation time frame
- Discuss issues involved in the collection and
analysis of data.
- Data collection
- Data analysis process
- Identify and describe a desired outcome of the
quality improvement plan.
Compile all your course project work into a quality management
plan report. The report should be a 15-page Microsoft Word document formatted in
APA style. You need not use any template for the report; design it on the basis
of the specific issue you have selected.
Project Task 3.docx
- On a separate page, cite all sources using APA format.