Consider Meyer and Kurtz’s (2006) discussion of personality test descriptors. Please access the Meyer and Kurtz (2006) article in Doc Sharing.
Also read the following articles:
Krishnamurthy, R., VandeCreek, L., Kaslow, N. J., Tazeau, Y. N., Miville, M. L., Kerns, R., …. (2004) Achieving competency in psychological assessment: Directions for education and training. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 60(7), 725-739.
American Psychological Association (2003). Guidelines on multicultural education, training, research, practice, and organizational change for psychologists. American Psychologist, 58, 377-402.
Discuss the following:
- The historical use of the terms objective and projective to classify a personality test, and the problems with such classification.
- The suggestions made by the authors to refer to specific tests.
- Utilizing the articles from APA (2003) and Krishnamurthy et. Al. (2004), discuss at least three important areas of competency for the clinician involved in assessments; a minimum of one of these three should address a multicultural competency.
Select a personality test (you can use the Buros website to assist in your search) and discuss what type of data it provides, and how you might use this particular test to assess a client. Research your selected test using the Kaplan library; use a minimum of 3 peer reviewed references in addition to the three references be those provided in the doc sharing; in your assignment. In your case discussion address the following:
- Referral question for personality assessment
- Demographic information for your potential client, including ethnicity, age, gender, socioeconomic status, and level of education
- Background data regarding the client’s current level of functioning and presenting problem(s)
- In your discussion of the assessment process, including administration and interpretation, consider professional competencies required to administer and interpret this assessment, consider also issues related to multicultural competencies.
The assignment should:
- Follow assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
- Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition.
- Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
- Be written in Standard American English and be clear, specific, and error-free. If needed, be sure to use the Kaplan University Writing Center for help.
- Be a minimum of 8 pages (not including Title Page and Reference List).