Peer Review Prompt for Arguing a Position essay
Title of the Paper:
(If there is no title, please note this as well. All papers need titles.)
Please answer each question in complete sentences and in detail. Short (less than 50 words) or
superficial responses will not be counted for credit.
1. What is the author’s thesis, and where in the paper does the author make the thesis clear?
To the best of your knowledge, is the thesis appropriate for this assignment? Is the author
making an academic argument? Is the topic appropriately narrow?
2. Please characterize the tone of the piece. Is the author respectful, avoiding derisive
language and name-calling? Doe the author counter-argue by bringing up opposing
arguments and refuting or accommodating them? What is one particularly good counterargument and refutation/accommodation in the paper?
3. Please comment on the author’s use of sources. Did he or she meet the source
requirement for this essay as you understand it? Did he or she cite his or her sources both
within the text and in a separate works cited page?
4. What would you say are the paper’s three main strengths?
5. What are some things, in your opinion, the author should try to work on? You may want
to address grammar and format here, but do refer back to the original prompt to see if the
author is missing any key requirements. Please pay special attention to the source
Purchase answer to see full