This section of the assignment requires you to perform a quantitative analysis of data from a hypothetical research study you are conducting. The study is briefly described and the data that has been collected is provided. Specific directions for performing the analysis are given.
General Requirements:Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Open the Quantitative Analysis Resource.
- Download the resource "Module 7 Exemplar" and use it as a guide to format your assignment.
Follow the directions for completing the assignment as listed on the first page of the Quantitative Analysis Resource.
The case study of Data Imports, Inc. was presented in Module 5 and in Part 1 of this module. You have now reviewed qualitative and quantitative data collected by the CEO, David Long to determine if this organization is ready for change and what employee perceptions are regarding the change process, changes they have experienced, and their views of leaders who are successful in implementing change. With this part of the assignment, the learner will write a paper that analyzes whether or not the organization is ready for change based on the data and will recommend how a leader might approach the employees to prepare them for a change.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Review the completed the summary table of participant responses to the survey frequency figure of those responses.
- Reflect on what this data reveals about Data Imports employees’ readiness for change to determine if the time is right for CEO David Long to implement sweeping change.
- This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Refer to the completed Quantitative Analysis Resource.
- Review John Kotter's action plan for change. This is available at http://library.gcu.edu:2048/login?url=http://search.proquest.com.library.gcu.edu:2048/docview/194370764?accountid=7374. Include Kotter's eight steps for change to support your analysis along with any other readings with appropriate references and in-text citations.
- Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Directions:Write a 1,000-1,250 word paper that discusses whether Data Imports, Inc. is ready for a change, based on your quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Summarize the qualitative and quantitative instruments and data that were collected.
- Discuss whether or not the data supports a decision that CEO David Long should make sweeping organizational changes at this time. Support your premise with evidence from the qualitative and quantitative data you collected. This should include employee quotes from the interviews and summary data from the survey.
- Address how Kotter's eight steps for change are fulfilled or not within the organization.
- Based on Kotter's steps, pose some recommendations on how a leader might prepare the employees for change. Use data from the hypothetical study to support your recommendations.
- Submit the frequency distribution figure developed while completing the Quantitative Analysis Resource as appendix to this paper.