1. We encounter advertising on a daily basis. Yet, many of us rarely stop to consider what it is and how it impacts our views. For this discussion, read Chapters 1 and 2 of your textbook and address the following:
- Define advertising in your own words.
- Use either Print Screen or the Snipping Tool on your computer to copy and paste at least one example of an advertisement that has influenced your view as a consumer one example of an advertisement that has influenced your view as a consumer of that organization. Explain how it demonstrates the impact of advertising on a company’s competitive advantage. (Remember to create a reference entry and cite the source for the advertisement you select.)
- Use either Print Screen or the Snipping Tool on your computer to copy and paste at least one example of an advertisement that might be considered to have a negative impact on society. Explain the ethical considerations of this advertisement and the kinds of social criticisms that might result. (Remember to create a reference entry and cite the source for the advertisement you select.)
Post your examples to the discussion forum below. Your initial post must be a minimum of 300 words, and be supported by your text and at least one professional or academic source. Your post must also be organized using APA style headings.
2. Every industry or profession is subject to a certain set of ethical and legal responsibilities, and advertising is no exception. Use the Ashford University Library to find one scholarly article that discusses one of the specific ethical and/or legal responsibilities of the advertiser. Then, search the web for an example of an advertisement or advertising campaign that reflects this responsibility, and discuss the extent to which meeting this ethical and/or legal responsibility allows the advertiser to avoid social criticisms. Provide the URL link to the advertisement you have discussed.
Your initial post must be a minimum of 300 words and be supported by your text and at least one professional or academic source. Your post must also be organized using APA style headings as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Explanation & Answer
Hello, review the attached document and contact me in case you need any changes. Otherwise, good luck in your study and if you need any further help in your assignments, please let me know. Always invite me to answer your questions.
Advertising is a marketing communication which employs open sponsorship, has non-personal
messages made to sell or promote a service, an idea or even a product. Most of the advertising
sponsors are typically business that wishes to promote their services or products. There is a
payment made for advertising.
The above advertisement is for my favorite product; burger from KFC Company. The above
KFC's ad increased my burger appetite because it relays the exact meal for consuming an
adequately packaged burger. Having refreshment drink namely, Coca-cola aside makes the
whole meal a...