An Annotated Bibliography organizes your research by way of APA citations and a
short paragraph about each source. For this Assignment, you will create an
Annotated Bibliography for four sources related to an argument for change. One
of the sources should address an opposing viewpoint or misconception related to
your topic. When you find reliable and relevant sources, your instructor will
provide insightful feedback on the sources you intend to use in an argument for
change in your community or workplace.
The following aspects are required for your Annotated Bibliography
- Title page in APA manuscript format.
- Your potential thesis statement for an argument for change in your
community or workplace.
- Four sources from at least four of the categories below:
- Book, ebook, article, or a chapter from book or ebook
- Periodical (e.g., newspaper, magazine, journal article)
- Internet source (e.g., blog, organization website, article from
- Video or audio source (e.g., documentary, video blog, TED
Talks , podcast)
- A source material in which the authors of the content are the
primary researchers (the ones who conducted research)
- At least one source should address an opposing viewpoint or
- APA citation for each source (this is the information you would normally
include on a references page).
- Annotation for each source, which must include each of the following in a
- Brief summary of the source (no direct quotes from the source) and
a parenthetical citation after the summary, e.g., (Smith, 2014)
- Evaluation of the source’s credibility, including the author’s
credentials and the verifiability of the source’s information
- Discussion about the source’s usefulness to an argument for change
in your community or workplace
- All writing must be in Standard American English.
- Use APA manuscript format throughout the Assignment.
To help you complete this Assignment successfully, please review the resources
noted below, including relevant articles from Kaplan University Writing Center
that discuss how to write an annotated bibliography, find/evaluate research, and
use APA citations. The previously noted Learning Activities related to
evaluating sources will also help in your writing of this Assignment.
Click the following link to access the grading rubric your instructor will use
when assessing your Assignment: Unit 6 Assignment Rubric.
Click the following link to see a sample Assignment: Unit 6 Assignment Sample.