Political socialization checklist:
- Did I write at least 900 words?
- Did I write about what I found about myself at websites I had to visit
- Did I break my essay into paragraphs?
- Did I begin my paper with “I”?and I was born…? and write about “Me”?
- You must conclude your essay discussing:
Your current level of participation in politics--voting, campaigning, writing letters, etc.—and what you would consider to be an ideal for a citizen’s political involvement.
Your Political Socialization Paper: follow ALL the rules:
1. Must be at least 900 words but can be as long as you want—no max!
2. You must break your essay into paragraphs
3. You must Google at least 2 of the following web locations: “where you fit in”, liberal conservative quiz, Political Compass and Isidewith to help you find out where you fit into the political “spectrum”. (You may also find other sites that do similar things.)
4. You don't need to submit any documents from those sites, but you must write about your findings with specific references to each site in your paper.
5. This paper is about YOU—It should start with something like “I was born in ………” and must describe your political socialization as described in #9 below.
6. This must be sent as a Word document
8. Worth 30 points
9. Political Socialization (PS) is the process by which a person acquires his political attitudes, beliefs, affiliations, and values.Political scientists and sociologists state that family, social class, friends, church affiliation, ethnic or racial background, education and media exposure are the major factors that shape our political opinions, affiliations, and beliefs.
Some of the issues and beliefs you may consider in this paper include:
Your party affiliation,
Liberal, conservative, libertarian, green, tea partier, etc.?
Merits of vouchers, choice, charter schools, home schooling, private schools, the public schools
Thoughts on adult choice v. the government telling us what we can see, do, or think
Gun control, the death penalty, abortion, euthanasia, etc.
AND ANY OTHER POLITICALLY RELATED THINGS OF IMPORTANCE TO YOU.