Use the question below and write a essay to 3-5 pages. Make sure to use correct citations and a correct bibliography (Chicago Manual of Style citation method). Cite all ideas, whether quotes or paraphrases, you get from any scholarly source (do not use Internet resources). You are required to use five outside scholarly sources. You are required to use these documents before you submit the essay. Be well acquainted with the documents as I will be using them to determine in large part your grade for the essays. Once again, I will not accept any essays with Internet sources, so no websites. Do not use encyclopedias or dictionaries.
Your paper must have a clear thesis (answer to the question) and a clear method (how you are answering the question) in the last sentence of the introduction. It must utilize analysis based on scholarly evidence to prove the thesis. The paper must be typed, in Word, double-spaced with one-inch margins, and no cover page. Do not use more than two quotes and none should be longer than three lines. Follow this rule closely.
I will base your grade on the essay’s clarity (an explicit thesis and method are critical), logic, effectiveness of argumentation, grammar/style/correct citation format, the correct use of scholarly sources, and use of evidence.
In what ways did the US engage the Cold War from its origins around 1946 to 1965? Consider analyses of the politics, the culture, the economics, and the military. Choose two ways and analyze.
Please read below the description of what each grade means for both the research essay and the rough draft.
An A Grade:
· Sharply focused and clearly organized discussion appropriate to the assignment
· Explicit, specific, easily identifiable thesis statement at the end of the first paragraph. Thesis supported throughout paper
· Effective use of relevant 5 outside, scholarly materials
· Demonstrates effective and formal writing requirements from writing guide (Chicago Manual of Style citation method)
· Demonstrates outstanding efforts to identify varied relevant sources
· Uses materials critically in the text of the paper
· Provides error-free citations of sources (in both footnotes and bibliography)