Hicks, S. Week 2.docx Details:
Synthesis is the act of creating something new from multiple existing entities. Synthesis of research, then, is creating a new idea from existing ideas. It is a process developed through time and practice. In this assignment, you will apply the synthesis process to the course journal readings and your selected readings. As you synthesize, consider how leadership style influences leadership practice and results. For example, leadership style effects followers through the choice of public vs. private engagement or the use of public praise vs. active coaching. In some cases, what a leader does not say or do can have a significant effect on both the sense of value and the motivation of group members.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Refer to the annotated bibliography and outline you created in the Module 2 assignment along with the assignment feedback from your instructor.
- Locate at least two additional, topically-related, empirical articles. Use "Empirical Research Checklist" to guide your selection.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Locate the annotated bibliography and outline you created in the Module 2 assignment. Using the outline you developed, the information from the annotated bibliography, and the feedback provided by your instructor, write a paper (2,000-2,250 words) that synthesizes three of the articles assigned in the first two modules of this course with the two (or more) topically-related, empirical articles you selected. Do that by including the following:
- A statement of at least three common themes addressed in all of the articles.
- A statement of the conclusions that can be drawn when the articles are taken together as a single entity. What is the overall message of the group of articles? Focus specifically on the connection between leadership style and leadership theory in areas such as individual identity, culture, and worldview. What are the potential effects of these and other individual leadership characteristics and style; how do they influence the methods leaders choose to guide groups or organizations?