- Formulate a research question illustrative of (a) a descriptive type of RQ, (b) a correlational type of RQ, and (c) a causal type of RQ.
- Write a short discussion after each research question that explains why it is either descriptive, correlational, or causal.
- Each research question is to be formulated in such a way that it readily illustrates the specified RQ type.
- Each research question is to reflect graduate level writing.
- Your essay should be 4-5 pages in length.
- Your essay should be formatted in the APA format.
Explanation & Answer
Running head: RESEARCH QUESTIONS
Descriptive research questions
• The cost of college education: is it worth it?
Descriptive research studies are those which provide e general description of a
phenomenon or the characteristics of a population of interest. In this case, the aim of the
researcher is aimed at describing a particular concept or event without necessarily testing it
against other concepts. As De Vaus (2013) explains, descriptive research studies do not
perform a cost and effect analysis of a phenomenon; instead, they focus simply on answering
the “what” within their target populations. These studies are informative. Unlike other
conventional research designs, descriptive research may fail to provide accurate predictions of
a phenomenon as no reliable patterns are established in the course of research. In fact,
descriptive research often forms preliminary studies that precede hypotheses that guide
studies in other research designs (Bordens & Abbott,). Due to its effectiveness in describing
characteristics of a phenomenon, descriptive research design has become a common element
of social science research which focuses on society and human needs. Descriptive research
scientist may use case-study methods, survey methods, and observational methods to
accomplish their goals.
The above topic is a perfect example of a descriptive research question. This question
would attempt to explore and describe the findings of the costs of college...
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science!
by Franz Kafka
by Taylor Adams
by Christina Baker Kline
The Jade Peony
by Wayson Choy
A Wrinkle as Time
by Madeleine L'Engle
The Eyes Were Watching God
by Zora Neale Hurston
Flowers For Algernon
by Alice Walker
Where the Crawdads Sing
by Delia Owens
by Dennis Lehane